Sunday, March 20, 2011

All In a Day's Work

So on Wednesday last week Princess suddenly decided to try all kinds of new things. The day started like this:

I run upstairs to get kids clothes. Two seconds later...
Mini says "Mom, Princess is on the stairs"
I say "Mini, did you open the gate for her? I know I closed it."
Mini says "No Mom, I don't know how she got up there"

And I race to the stairs to see Princess about half way up grinning up at me with the gate closed. I run down and grab her and set her down to see what she'll do and she promptly shows me how she got up the stairs.
photo(4)

So now the gate looks like this:
photo(3)

Then at lunch time she climbs up into her booster seat and gets herself settled and grins up at me as I watch in disbelief. Guess she wanted me to know she was hungry!

And finally to round out the day she decides that she needs an afternoon snack and digs into the trash to get a handful of, ugh, coffee grounds which she decisively puts in her mouth, mushes around, grins, and grabs another handful of. Ugh, so gross!!

It's all in a day's work for my little princess but hopefully we have a little break before another day like that, my heart can't take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment