Sunday, February 7, 2010
Local News: Fear Rips Through Potsyville
Looks very innocent doesn't it? Well to Mini Potsy it is the only thing in the world to be afraid of, the "Peep Peeps".
Once when he was about a year old I accidentally set off the smoke alarm while cooking right after he fell asleep and he woke up screaming. It was horrible. For months after that he jumped at all loud noises.
We have managed to overcome the fear of all the other noises but no matter what I tell him he hates the things. He knows where all of them are in our house. And is constantly telling me that there is one somewhere, whether it be the grocery store, a restaurant, or someone else's house.
Today I set it off again (always do it while cooking) and he came screaming to me to pick him up. I had to carry him around while opening up the doors and windows and turning on the fans. He thought the firemen were coming and might have actually been a little bummed when I told him that I could fix it and the firemen didn't need to come.
During this craziness I looked over to Princess Potsy to see how she was doing since I hadn't heard her and she was sleeping with a smile on her face, crazy kid. Guess she's too used to her big brother making gigantic fire engine noises at the top of his lungs right in her face, loud sounds do not phase this girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment